Re: No audio devices appear in /dev

From: Free BSD <freebsdlouisville_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 02:35:59 UTC
Before I invoked startx, I didn't have any dsp devices.  With X11 running,
I see dsp0.0, dsp1.0, and dsp2.0, but no pcm devices.
In system settings, KDE lists correctly all three (dsp2 is kaby lake
HDMI/DP 8ch), but when I try the test button, I get Error trying to play a
test sound.
The system said: "No such driver".  This happens on all three playback
devices.

cat /dev/sndstat
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Realtek ALC671 (Rear Analog)> (play/rec)
pcm1: <Realtek ALC671 (Analog)> (play/rec)
pcm2: <Intel Kaby Lake (HDMI/DP 8ch)> (play) default
No devices installed from userspace.