Re: serial, basic stuff

From: Dag-Erling_Smørgrav <des_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 12:45:51 UTC
Jon Clausen <freebsd-questions@ymmv.dk> writes:
> So at this point, I should be ready to move on to attempting the setup that
> I actually want:
>
> jh05:cuau1 <-> jh06:ttyu0
>

> This does not work out of the box.

“This does not work” is not a very useful statement.

If you want to run the console on FreeBSD 13 or older at 115200 bps, you
will have to add `comconsole_speed="115200"` to /boot/loader.conf and
`-S115200` to /boot.config and reboot.  On FreeBSD 14 and newer, it is
already the default and you shouldn't have to change anything.  If it's
still not working, I would suggest hooking up an oscilloscope to the
level shifter to check that it's working properly.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des@FreeBSD.org