Re: how to remove freebsd when it is running

From: Dan Mahoney (Ports) <freebsd_at_gushi.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:02:52 UTC
In the past, when dealing with ancient systems that did not have good iloms, where I wanted to upgrade but my coworker had (for example) provisioned too small a / filesystem, I’ve had luck in moving the MFSBSD binaries into /boot and rebooting — and then ssh’ing into the resulting memory-file-system OS and sweeping the floor under me, but your mileage may vary and you should probably try this on a VM first.

This is absolutely don’t-try-this-at-home-kids networking, but also, something I would do as a cool presentation at a conference if someone asked.  (I’ll be at BSDCan, I really should have submitted this).

-Dan