Re: changing ext. USB disk to UEFI boot

From: Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 12:40:54 UTC
El día jueves, abril 04, 2024 a las 08:05:22 -0400, Paul Mather escribió:

> > I will by a new USB disk and start vom scratch and also with the above
> > values.
>

> I would also suggest that before trying that you just perform a standard install of FreeBSD onto the new USB disk and see whether the resulting partition table it lays down becomes visible to the new laptop.  That would be a method that's easily reproducible in the future.

Yes, I will use bsdinstall(8) to let it create the disk layout on da0.

First, I will do one last test and copy also /boot/boot1.efi into the
efi partition as /EFI/BOOT/BOOT1.efi because the man page of
boot1.efi(8) says that some system can not use loader.efi(8) directly.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045