Re: CURRENT on laptop ASUS VivoBook Pro 14 90NB0VZ2-M01230

From: Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 14:57:19 UTC
El día lunes, abril 01, 2024 a las 11:06:54a. m. +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> I booted an Ubuntu 22.04 from USB and this detects the hardware fine, of
> course it does as always.
>
> I've here the /var/log/syslog and /var/log/Xorg.0.log from this test:
>
> http://www.unixarea.de/Xorg.0.log-ubuntu.txt
> http://www.unixarea.de/syslog-ubuntu.txt
>
> Can someone help me to get Xorg up in FreeBSD, which pkg I must compile
> from ports and install as kmod before starting Xorg? Thanks in advance

I figured it out. With this in rc.conf the Xorg is fine:

zfs_enable="YES"
wlans_rsu0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
kld_list="amdgpu"
wpa_supplicant_program="/usr/local/sbin/wpa_supplicant"

Now I will not return the laptop to the dealer and will install FreeBSD over
the Windoof partition...

For the Wifi I have to use an USB dongle for the moment, though.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045