Re: Impossible to build MongoDB44 on FreeBSD 12.4?

From: Vlad Markov <dvoich_at_optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 15:00:19 UTC
On Wed, 31 May 2023 05:19:31 +0000 (UTC)
Matthew Petach <mpetach@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
> I was rather hoping to avoid mixing one pre-built package with dependencies on older versions of packages on a system with everything else built from the ports tree, but I may not have much of a choice.    :(
> I just wish I could understand why the system keeps complaining of running out of swap space, no matter how much swap I add.  ^_^;
> Thanks!  :)
> Matt
>
>     On Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 08:57:30 PM PDT, Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa> wrote:
>

>  On 5/31/23 02:07, Matthew Petach wrote:
>

>    Does anyone have any advice on how I can get my build to complete? (note that the max RAM the box supports is 4GB, so saying "add more RAM"  is pointless).
>   Thanks for any tips or hints you might be able to give me--this is getting really frustrating.
>
>  Have you tried using a binary package, instead?
>
>  Mark.

If you have the disk space, make a swap file. I had to make one to build some ports. It was long ago so I don't remember the command to make it but my fstab has this:

# AUX swapfile
md0             none            swap    sw,file=/usr/swap0,late 0    0

Mine is 1G in size.
--
I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson