Re: Impossible to build MongoDB44 on FreeBSD 12.4?

From: Mark Tinka <mark_at_tinka.africa>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 06:41:13 UTC

On 5/31/23 07:19, Matthew Petach wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I was rather hoping to avoid mixing one pre-built package with
> dependencies on
> older versions of packages on a system with everything else built from
> the ports tree,
> but I may not have much of a choice.    :(

I have found myself having to do that from time to time, for various
reasons, e.g., disk space issues with large builds, odd breakage when
building from Ports that no amount of troubleshooting can fix, e.t.c.

At least FreeBSD gives you both options, so you don't have to rebuild
your entire system from scratch to fix weirdness.

Mark.