Re: OT: How to disable the lights on modern case fans

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf_at_riseup.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 15:26:40 UTC
On Fri, 2023-05-19 at 17:09 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Do the led's built into the center cylinder spin? Or aren't the
> spinning? I hope they don't spin! I can just imagine two terrible
> construction methods and one of them would be totally crap.

Keep in mind, each €1 shop (1$ shops probably, too) sells LED disco
bulbs. To generate light you don't have to screw it into the lamp socket
and put it under electricity. You can pick up the crap and spin them
with your hands and they will glow like bouncy balls, sneakers and other
crap do. No sliders, just dynamos/contactless impedance, no power
required just movement, kinetic energy. See all those shuffle dance
girls.