Re: OT: How to disable the lights on modern case fans

From: Tomek CEDRO <tomek_at_cedro.info>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 13:32:11 UTC
On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 6:56 AM Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> I just replaced a crashed machine with a new one (as always DIY built)
> and the new one is a good replacement for a VM only host except for
> one thing it has all these spinning/blinking colored lights on the
> case fans (and the CPU fan).   I have searched the BIOS settings to
> hell and back and can't find any setting even related to this.   How
> do I turn the damned things off (it is making it impossible to sleep).

These "RGB" fancy pancy devices usually have some sort of "RGB
CONTROLLER" that is a separate device somewhere where cables come in
(unless it is onboard rgb controller). Follow the wires and see if
there are some sort of regulators / buttons / knobs that would allow
light control :-)

On the other hand, these lights can be used to communicate some
important events, cpu load, network load, etc, well, if its already
out there :-)