Re: How is this possible

From: Paul Procacci <pprocacci_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 18:11:32 UTC
On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 1:49 PM Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have a host (brand new replacement machine.... built yesterday OS
> installed today) running 12.4 w/ 12 cores and 32 GB of RAM that took
> 1:30 hrs to do "make DESDIR=/ world kernel" but  the first VM I made
> (4 cores 8 GB of RAM) took only 1 hr?!?!?!?
>
> --
> Aryeh M. Friedman, Lead Developer, http://www.PetiteCloud.org

Your question is vague enough that you're excluding information that could
help answer this.

UFS or ZFS fs?  If ZFS, its settings?  Sparse or not? etc.
The VM in particular, its disk settings?
How is the disk being presented to the VM?  AHCI or nvme.

If it isn't obvious, I'm focusing particularly on the disks as I believe
the answer lies therein.

Also, I don't particularly care about cross posting to multiple lists but
I'll mention it because it ruffles feathers.

~Paul
--