Re: sendmail error, "MX list for mydomain.com points back to server.mydomain.com"

From: vagabond <vagabond_at_blackfoot.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 04:19:30 UTC
> What do you have in /etc/mail/local-host-names?
   ns.dreamchaser.org
it did have
   ns.dreamchaser.org
   ns.discoveriesinwood.com

> Are you using the stock freebsd.mc or sendmail.mc or whatever came with
> the system?

mc file was originally derived from freebsd.mc from 10.x adapted to 11.3
to 12.3 to 12.4 over the course of upgrades.
It has:
   define(`confCW_FILE', `-o /etc/mail/local-host-names')

> All variants of domains you accept mail for should be in
> /etc/mail/local-host-names, and if you want to map separately for each
> domain, you need to set up a virtusertable.

don't need to map separately.

Originally I accepted 2 domains, but to get it running I'm willing to
change that to only 1,
dreamchaser.org
I just got rid of the other entry in local-host-names and bounced
sendmail;
the error persists.
Any other places I could be messed up?

Thanks,