Re: unbound

From: Dave Cottlehuber <dch_at_skunkwerks.at>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 05:09:35 UTC
On Sat, 13 May 2023, at 21:45, LuMiWa wrote:
>> > It worked years without problem but this weeks stopped. I remowed
>> > forward-tls... and port 853 and it works again but it is not the
>> > same.
>> >
>> > Thank you.

What doesn't work, specifically? When you run unbound in the foreground,
do you see any errors?

For debugging, stop local_unbound, add `logfile: ""` to your `server:`
block in unbound.conf, and then run it in foreground:

/usr/sbin/local-unbound -c /var/unbound/unbound.conf -dvvvv

Adjust -v as required.

https://support.quad9.net/hc/en-us/articles/7200715305997-DNS-over-TLS-FreeBSD-with-local-unbound has a full config on their site, which can be summarised as defaults +

forward-zone:
        name: "."
        forward-tls-upstream: yes               # Use DNS-over-TLS
        forward-first: no                       # do NOT send direct

# 9.9.9.9 - Threat-blocking with DNSSEC
        forward-addr: 9.9.9.9@853#dns.quad9.net
        forward-addr: 149.112.112.112@853#dns.quad9.net

A+