Re: The port build failed claiming a runtime dependency on libmuffin.

From: Steven Friedrich <freebsdlouisville_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 16:12:34 UTC
On 5/10/23 10:57 AM, Paul Mather wrote:
> On Wed, 2023-05-10 at 10:21 -0400, Steven Friedrich wrote:

>>> Looks like I still don't understand.  my meson log is attached.
>>>
>> OK, I manually built muffin, and cinnamon builds.  I sent the build
>> break log of cinnamon to gnome@freebsd.org
>
> Elsewhere in this thread you said you were tracking the quarterly
> packages release, which is why x11-wm/muffin did not exist for you.
> Presumably, you switched over to the "latest" track, which is what
> enabled you to build libmuffin and hence cinnamon.
>
> How are you building your packages?  Are you using a tool such as
> Poudriere that ensures a clean environment is used, via jails, to build
> packages, or are you building natively on your system with installed
> system packages installed?  If the latter, did you force-rebuild all
> packages after switching from "quarterly" to "latest" to ensure there
> were no stale/broken package dependencies?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.

No, sir.  I am still just tracking 2023Q1 ports.  I was wrong about
muffin because I was looking for libmuffin.  I re-read emails and then
correctly went to x11-wm/muffin and built it. Then I was able to build
x11/cinnamon.  I am not building packages, per se.  I am building ports
at the cli.

I sent my cinnamon build break to gnome@freebsd.org because cinnamon
should have built muffin

Thanks to all who have responded.  Please forgive me, I have been away
from freebsd for a couple years and I am doing things, virtualization,
zfs, etc., that I've never done previously.

--
FreeBSD freebsd.friedrich.org 13.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 13.2-RELEASE releng/13.2-n254617-525ecfdad597 GENERIC amd64