Re: The port build failed claiming a runtime dependency on libmuffin.

From: Steven Friedrich <freebsdlouisville_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2023 19:01:07 UTC
On 5/8/23 5:02 AM, Yuri wrote:
> Steven Friedrich wrote:
>> I had installed cinnamon.  I went to the port to reinstall.  The port
>> build failed claiming a runtime dependency on libmuffin.
> You need to provide actual build output with exact errors to get any
> helpful answers.
>
>> So why is cinnamon allowed to be installed as a package without
>> libmuffin?  How is this port being built on FreeBSD's build clusters?
> The dependency is called x11-wm/muffin and it's recorded in
> x11/cinnamon/Makefile.

Respectfully, you're missing the point.  How can libmuffin be a
dependency when it's not in our ports tree?  How does the freebsd team
build cinnamon?  And why is a runtime dependency breaking a build?

--
FreeBSD freebsd.friedrich.org 13.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 13.2-RELEASE releng/13.2-n254617-525ecfdad597 GENERIC amd64