Re: Error in vm manpage

From: Arthur Chance <freebsd_at_qeng-ho.org>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 07:51:58 UTC
On 06/05/2023 21:03, Gary Aitken wrote:
> On 5/6/23 09:21, Arthur Chance wrote:
>
>> Maybe it's time I regenerated my ports rather than just updating them.
>> It would appear portsnap doesn't necessarily delete old ports as I have
>> both ports on my system and my last portsnap update was just after
>> midnight today.
>>
>> Also ports.freebsd.org doesn't seem to be up to date on these ports.
>
> I'm not dead certain on this but I think this is about the time when
> the tree is being updated, so it may be in a state of flux.  Although
> if the change is not recent that wouldn't be what you're seeing.
> I've had problems in the past where waiting a few hours and then things
> showed up.

That's midnight UK time (UTC+0 or UTC+1 at the moment). My problem seems
to be obsolete ports not being deleted rather than new ports not
appearing. I'm about to go away for several days so this will have to
wait until I get back.

--
We build our computer systems the way we build our cities; over time,
without a plan, on top of ruins.