Re: AKG gear

From: Souji Thenria <mail_at_souji-thenria.net>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 09:21:19 UTC
On 5/6/23 09:31, David wrote:
> Hullo,
>
> I have an AKG Lyra microphone, which is USB driven, and an AKG K240
> headset, which plugs directly into the bottom of the microphone.
> I'm getting sound, so it's not a permissions problem, through the tinny
> case speaker, but can't get it through the phones.
> The system recognises the equipment accurately, as I can see it during
> boot-up, so I assume driver are available, but I have no idea of how to
> access it.
> Thanks for any time and trouble with this.
> Cheers!

Hey,

It depends on what sound system you are using. You can change the
default device if you use OSS, which is
the default on FreeBSD. However, the application playing the sound needs
to reopen the sound device, which usually means you need to reopen the
application.

To show all available devices run the following:
cat /dev/sndstat

To switch the default device:
sysctl hw.snd.default_unit=<number>

--