Re: html rich text colored

From: Ian Smith <smithi_at_nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 10:43:47 UTC
On 20 March 2023 4:53:49 pm AEDT, white-wolf <white-wolf@blues-softwares.net> wrote:
 > On Mon, 2023-03-20 at 03:24 +0000, Graham Perrin wrote:
 > > On 19/03/2023 22:32, white-wolf wrote:

 > > > … for automated message, portscout, bugzilla and else...
 > > > i think is better to use some color in message...

 > > With Bugzilla for FreeBSD, you can prefer HTML email, but it's not
 > > great (and there's no colour).
 > > Bugzilla for Mozilla allows Markdown.

 > why FreeBSD don't use Markdown ? i think need update old methods...

As long as it doesn't disrupt hundreds, perhaps thousands of people who've been using FreeBSD for more than 20 years, for the sake of eye-candy rather than practical functionality.

 > who have no X now on this desktop computer for see html+Markdown ?

Enough people who this community respects enough not to disrupt?

Running FreeBSD on the desktop is only possible because of the work done by those who didn't, or don't primarily.

Long after first running X, KDE and the likes of Thunderbird (which _can_ be tuned to be friendly to text-only mailers), I still used pine, later alpine to follow a dozen FreeBSD (and other) lists.

For an HTML view, I suggest paying good attention to the wisdom of Polytropon:

https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-questions/2023-March/002971.html

cheers, Ian