Re: Docker

From: Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve_at_sohara.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 12:38:34 UTC
On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 11:03:13 +0000
Hosney Osman <hosneybinosman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
> My point of view is
> We need to develop freebsd and make every thing available in freebsd to
> be able compit with linux My point of view is freebsd deserve to be the

	There is a false assumption embedded there - I don't think that
anyone in the FreeBSD core wants to compete with Linux, Windows or anything
else. Based purely on my experience of FreeBSD over the last thirty years
they are far more interested in providing a world class *unix* on commodity
hardware and they're doing a *great* job of it IMHO.

	There's more than a little truth in the old saw:

If you hate Windows: Linux
If you love unix: BSD

	Personally I'm happy with that, not that it makes any difference.

> best distribution to be used in server edition Lets create road map for
> FreeBSD development lets port everything from linux And we need our own
> invitation technology

	Throw in everything from Windows, OS-X and Z-OS while you're at it
if you want to make the ultimate do-everything OS then you could probably
do a lot worse than starting with FreeBSD but expect to need to do a lot of
work that nobody is currently doing, which means expect to need to create a
new project and developer pool to get the job done because these are not
the goals of the FreeBSD project or any other project currently in
existence.

	Go for it, it's a free world. When there's something set up come
back here and see if you can attract some developers to the project.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>