Re: Disabling CPUs

From: Paul Procacci <pprocacci_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 02:26:31 UTC
 (Resending with list included)

Hey Keith,

Taken from smp(4):

     FreeBSD allows specific CPUs on a multi-processor system to be
disabled.
     This can be done using the hint.lapic.X.disabled tunable, where X is
the
     APIC ID of a CPU.  Setting this tunable to 1 will result in the
     corresponding CPU being disabled.

smp(4) further describes how to detect CPU topologies and whatnot.
Specifically the following sysctl seems useful: kern.sched.topology_spec

Though I'm not entirely sure, I'd personally start with the above.

~Paul

--