Re: cyrus sieve authentication

From: Janos Dohanics <web_at_3dresearch.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 19:06:29 UTC
On Sat, 10 Sep 2022 10:20:19 +0200
Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it> wrote:

> [...]
>

> > Please advise.
>
> Does sieveshell work? What error message do you get?
> Nothing in the logs?
> What backend are you trying to authenticate to?

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for the quick reply.

It turns out that I didn't do the right thing.

# sieveshell -a [user] localhost
Empty compile time value given to use lib at /usr/local/bin/sieveshell line 60.
Empty compile time value given to use lib at /usr/local/bin/sieveshell line 61.
connecting to localhost
Please enter your password:
unable to connect to server at /usr/local/bin/sieveshell line 202, <STDIN> line 1.

But:

# sieveshell -a [user] -u [user] localhost
Empty compile time value given to use lib at /usr/local/bin/sieveshell line 60.
Empty compile time value given to use lib at /usr/local/bin/sieveshell line 61.
connecting to localhost
Please enter your password:
> quit

Sorry for the noise...