Re: GNOME discussions

From: void <void_at_f-m.fm>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 12:17:40 UTC
On Sun, 30 Oct 2022, at 16:03, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 2022-10-30 at 15:30 +0000, Graham Perrin wrote:
>> Why not use the web interface?
>
> 1. For countless reasons I'm in favour of mailing lists.
>
> 2. Even while I'm in favour of mailing lists, I'm not per se against
>    forums, but I can't stand gamification overdosed forums. GNOME's
>    Discourse is such a gamification overdosed forum.
>
> 3. I subscribed to a GNOME mailing list related to MUA. IMO it makes
>    sense for a MUA community to prefer a mailing list over a forum.

+1 for email. Discord and forums have their place for discussions but email is the true democracy because it's accessible to all on every platform and one does not require a constant online connection to use it. If the forums die then all the knowledge there goes with it. It's a central point of failure. Email succeeds because in many respects it's distributed.