Re: larger monospaced fonts in X

From: Christoph Brinkhaus <c.brinkhaus_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 16:18:30 UTC
Am Sun, Oct 23, 2022 at 11:57:30AM -0400 schrieb Robert Huff:

Hi Robert,

> 	I maintain an older system, used by someone in their 60s.
> 	Recently this system got a new monitor and video card, both a
> substantial improvement over the previous version.
> 	The only problen is what used to be a very legible monospaced
> font - 10x20 - now produces characters about the size of an ant's
> eyeball.
> 	Does anyone have suggestions for a clean font that works on a
> 1920x1200 display?

If it is about terminals you can edit ~/.Xdefaults.
This is what I have for the urxvt terminal:

URxvt*font: xft:DejaVu Sans Mono:pixelsize=18:antialias=true:hinting=true
URxvt*boldFont: xft:DejaVu Sans Mono:bold:pixelsize=18:antialias=true:hinting=true
URxvt*italicFont: xft:DejaVu Sans Mono:italic:pixelsize=18:antialias=true:hinting=true
URxvt*bolditalicFont: xft:DejaVu Sans Mono:bold:italic:pixelsize=18:antialias=true:hinting=true

I hope that this is what you are looking for.

Kind regards,
Christoph