Re: Backing out port update that may have broken VirtualBox

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 16:50:16 UTC
On Sat, Oct 22, 2022 at 9:19 AM Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am no longer able to start any saved virtual systems.I get an error of
> 0x1 returned:
>
> The virtual machine (any saved VM) has terminated unexpectedly during
> startup with exit code 1 (0x1).
> I suspect that a port that I updated this morning may be the problem. I
> want to roll them back to the prior version, but I can't seem to figure out
> how to do this. Can anyone with git knowledge tell me how I can do this? I
> obviously can't revert the commits in the repo, but I need to do so to my
> local clone to confirm which might be the problem.
>
> Any clues? I have the hashes for the commits, but can't figure out how to
> use them to revert the commit in my local clone.
> --
> Kevin Oberman, Part time kid herder and retired Network Engineer
> E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com
> PGP Fingerprint: D03FB98AFA78E3B78C1694B318AB39EF1B055683

Turns out that hte update to libunistring broke a lot of stuff (including
git) because several critical ports that reference it did not get their
PORT_REVISION bumped. That now appears to have been done and I should be
good to  go shortly. I copied libunistring.so.2.2.0 from another system to
allow me to do a pull.

I'd still like to know how to revert a commit locally, though.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com