Re: Locate disk in enclosure

From: Scott Ballantyne <boyvalue_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 10:38:17 UTC
On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 6:03 AM Eduardo Morrás <emorrasg@yahoo.es> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 22:50:26 -0400
> Scott Ballantyne <boyvalue@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > [root@ns ~]# sesutil -u /dev/ses0 locate da1 on
> > sesutil: Count not find the SES id of device 'da1'
>
> What's the output of?:
>
> #sesutil show
>
> Mine is
> # sesutil show
> ses0: <AHCI SGPIO Enclosure 2.00>; ID: 3061686369656d30
> Desc     Dev     Model                     Ident                Size/Status
> Slot 00  ada0    INTEL SSDSC2BF240A4L      CVDA438400WA2403GN   240G
> Slot 01  ada1    ST1000DM003-1ER162        Z4Y5VRXX             1T
> Slot 02  -       -                         -                    Not
> Installed
> Slot 03  -       -                         -                    Not
> Installed
> Slot 04  ada2    TOSHIBA HDWD120           Y9U3AAVAS            2T
> Slot 05  -       -                         -                    Not
> Installed
>
> And setting the fault led on. Perhaps you were trying to set on the wrong
> led.
> # sesutil fault -u /dev/ses0 ada2 on

Hi Eduardo, thank you. I managed to get the disk replaced and the system
upgraded. Unfortunately the sesutil command doesn't work much better in 12.3

[root@ns /usr/local/etc]# sesutil show
ses0: <AHCI SGPIO Enclosure 2.00>; ID: 3061686369656d30
Desc     Dev     Model                     Ident                Size/Status
Slot 00  -       -                         -                    Not
Installed
Slot 01  -       -                         -                    Not
Installed
Slot 02  -       -                         -                    Not
Installed
Slot 03  -       -                         -                    Not
Installed
Slot 04  -       -                         -                    Not
Installed
Slot 05  -       -                         -                    Unknown