Fwd: Suggestion on providing an install package of CERN ROOT

From: Jiawei Cai <cai_at_rcnp.osaka-u.ac.jp>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 07:46:03 UTC
Hello developers,

I'm trying FreeBSD for a while, and I've tried some times to build CERN
ROOT from source(which I use frequently, see Building ROOT from source -
ROOT <https://root.cern/install/build_from_source/> for more info), and all
failed, I've installed new version GCC, CMake and make from source to see
if the build can be completed.
CERN ROOT is used in particle physics and nuclear physics, and also some
financial field, because it can handle the process of big data.

It seems that build software from source is somehow different on FreeBSD
than that on Linux system such as almalinux.

So here I wonder if you can provide it, so we ROOTers can just get it
installed in the *pkg install* way.

Thank you very much.

Bests,
Cai