Zfs Guide

From: Joe B <jb1277976_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 19:15:06 UTC
Hello again,

Sorry for all the questions but i want to start somehwere, the forums
take a while for me to get approved but it seems very friendly here.

So when i installed freeBSD about 5 days ago i noticed that it auto did
ZFS pool and everything didn't know why but i went with it. Trying to
understand it i looked online for some guides and the zfs fs seems very
intresting, snapshots, compression everything. It seems that it was
really made for two drives not one. i kinda understand if my internal
hdd goes out then i would have a backup.

Currently setup a VM with freebsd and want to test zfs. should i make
two disk hard drives in the VM to test or should i be able to just play
with one ?

Also the only guides that are offical are the handbook, New and old and
other guides i found.

1. https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/handbook/zfs/

2, https://is.gd/GGTjK8

3. https://somedudesays.com/2021/08/the-basic-guide-to-working-with-zfs/

4. https://wiki.debian.org/ZFS

5. https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ZFS

6. https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/ZFS

Don't know if we are suppose to post links that aren't part of freeBSD
here but i'm learning everyday if we can't just tell me so i know in the
future.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks

Joe B