Re: Laravel livewire live search does not work on FreeBSD

From: <freebsd_at_boosten.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 16:41:21 UTC

> Op 2 mrt. 2022, om 04:32 heeft Rob <rob@stanleygoose.com.au> het volgende geschreven:
>

> Everything works as expected on the Vagrant box, but the live search does not work on the FreeBSD server. I have tried different versions of FreeBSD and Linux, and MySQL/MariaDB, and a number of demo live search applications, but the live search fails consistently on FreeBSD and works consistently on Linux.
>
> Any ideas on how to activate this function on FreeBSD would be greatly appreciated.

Just tried this one on my system: https://github.com/sjardim/livewire-advanced-filter-by-tags-demo <https://github.com/sjardim/livewire-advanced-filter-by-tags-demo>

And it worked like charm (well, I tried pointing an alias of my main domain to that Laravel installation, however some urls were hardcoded, and also didn’t like my https setup, so I ended up putting the entire installation under its own FQDN).

FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p12 FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p12 GENERIC  amd64
MySQL 5.7.37

On that specific server I run Apache, didn’t try with nginx.

As far as I can tell the only thing needed for Live search to work is Full Text Searching on your MySQL, which is standard since 5.6. Not sure if you can turn it off somehow.

--
Peter Boosten