Re: Moving from BDB5 to BDB18

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 05:53:49 UTC
On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 5:26 PM Dan Langille <dan@langille.org> wrote:

> Kevin Oberman wrote on 5/19/22 8:17 PM:
>
> On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 5:19 AM Jos Chrispijn <bsduser@cloudzeeland.nl>
> wrote:
>
>> Kevin Oberman:
>>
>> > That is exactly what that means. As the shareable for db18 is not the
>> > same as for db5, all programs linked to db5 must be reinstalled. so
>> that
>> > they link to any of the several shareables db installs.
>>
>> Can you tell how do I force them to use bdb18?
>> Can imagine that they automagically force installation of bdb5 again on
>> re-compile?
>>
>> Thanks, Jos
>>

> For some reason, quite likely, a good one, the default in ports/Mk/
> bsd.default-versions.mk is still 5. You can either edit the Makefile for
> each of the ports linked against 5 to 18 or edit the default for BDB  to
> 18.
>

> Jos: did you succeed?
>
> Kevin: Wouldn't this be enough to picked up db18?
>
> DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=bdb=18
>
> I ask because that didn't fix devel/apr1 for me. It still built with db5

I edited the ports/Mk/bsd.default-versions.mk, rebuilt all of the ports
that depend on BDB and that worked.

Just tried devel/apr1 and it was happy to build against bdb18. This is
after an update to ports/Mk has replaced the 18 with 5. I see bsd.sanity.mk
has several references to BDB and ports/Mk/Uses/bdb.mk has some stuff that
really tries to build things with 18.
> pkg info -d apr
apr-1.7.0.1.6.1_2:
expat-2.4.8
gdbm-1.23
db18-18.1.40

Note that I no longer have db5 installed... only db18.

E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com