Re: NVIDIA: nouveau (was: How to determine the correct graphics card driver)

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 20:34:58 UTC
Just a bit of history..., FreeBSD made an effort, fairly substantial, to
adopt Nouveau about a decade ago. I got to sort of work, but it steadily
got harder and harder to make code work on FreeBSD and the Linux people
working on it made it very clear that, if we wanted it to work on FreeBSD,
they were not interested. (We're not GPL). Code was included that was
almost impossible to make work with the FreeBSD kernel, with effort going
into providing the kernel hooks NVidea required, the effort was abandoned
in favor of the Nvidia written drivers.and I'm unaware of any effort to get
it to work.

Today, with the lkpi, it might not be too hard to get nouveau to work, but
I doubt you will find much interest.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com