Re: Updating db5-5.3.28_8 to db18

From: Dan Langille <dan_at_langille.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 21:50:30 UTC
On Fri, Jul 15, 2022, at 5:49 AM, Jos Chrispijn wrote:
> Does someone already have found a way of replacing DB5 with DB18?
> Found lots of signaling that it should be possible, but how is still a
> conundrum?
For those using the FreeBSD packages, I do not see a way to solve this.
I'm using poudriere to create my own package respository. I do this
because I have my own private ports to build and because I want some
packages built with non-default configuration items. Looking back, I see

I've been doing that for just over 8 years now:
https://dan.langille.org/2014/04/06/installing-packages-from-a-custom-freebsd-repository/

Based on https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-questions/2022-June/001459.html I'm trying that approach now. No success yet.

-- Dan Langille dan@langille.org