vm-bhyve config for OmniOS?

From: John Doe <nix4life_at_i2pmail.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 15:58:15 UTC
The other day I came across
https://mgerdts.github.io/2018/03/14/omnios-bhyve-guest.html and while
configuring a FreeBSD host for bhyve+jails, I wondered whether it would
really be possible to run OmniOS on FreeBSD with bhyve.

I don't know where to start with writing a vm-bhyve configuration for
OmniOS (reading the examples in /usr/local/share/examples/vm-bhyve was
not particularly insightful for this particular case), so I am wondering
if someone in the list could nudge me in the right direction?

The OmniOS files are located at https://downloads.omnios.org/media/lts/
but the file extension has changed compared to the article from 2018
linked above. I think that part will be fine though, it's the
configuration for vm-bhyve that is an issue.

Can someone shine some light on this subject?

Thanks!