Re: FreeBSD 12.3-RELEASE amd64, Perl, and URI: : Escape

From: David Christensen <dpchrist_at_holgerdanske.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 19:58:46 UTC
On 2/27/22 06:26, Dan Langille wrote:
> David Christensen wrote on 2/25/22 7:39 PM:

>>> two suggestions:
>>>
>>> This search term on most search engines: site:freshports.org URI::Escape
>
> Sorry, I did not know the 'correct' answer at the time.
>
> It should be clear *why* they fail: the package descriptions do not
> mention the critical keywords ("URI::Escape").
>
> FreshPorts does attempt to pull the pkg-plist information if possible.
> It did for this port. I suppose we could go a step farther and figure
> out how to determine that "URI/Escape.pm"== "URI::Escape" and save that
> as a search term. That would help your search considerably.

What is pkg-plist?

2022-02-27 11:45:06 toor@f3 ~
# pkg plist
pkg: unknown command: plist

For more information on available commands and options see 'pkg help'.

2022-02-27 11:45:23 toor@f3 ~
# pkg-plist
-bash: pkg-plist: command not found

2022-02-27 11:46:17 toor@f3 ~
# man pkg | grep plist

2022-02-27 11:46:35 toor@f3 ~
# man pkg-plist
No manual entry for pkg-plist

2022-02-27 11:46:39 toor@f3 ~
# pkg search pkg-plist

STFW:

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/blob/main/print/foo2zjs/pkg-plist

That looks like a listing of files contained in the GitHub project
"freebsd-ports" (?).  (I do not use Git or GitHub.)

David