Re: Unable to boot from internal hard disks on new PC

From: Johannes-Maria Kaltenbach <johannes-maria_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 16:07:52 UTC
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 04:12:08PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2022-12-27 at 15:08 +0100, Johannes-Maria Kaltenbach wrote:
> > I didn't see a corresponding entry in bios after reboot
>
> Hi,
>
> what do you see. Consider to post links to pictures.

alas, I have no camera and I don't know how to make screen shots
of the Bios screens.

> This is what I see:
>
> GIGABYTE GA-B85M-D3H 2022-12-27 pic 1 of 3
> https://i.imgur.com/gwrOG9m.jpg
>
> GIGABYTE GA-B85M-D3H 2022-12-27 pic 2 of 3
> https://i.imgur.com/46ZvnJK.jpg
>
> GIGABYTE GA-B85M-D3H 2022-12-27 pic 3 of 3
> https://i.imgur.com/jAKQPgD.jpg
>

> It's completely irrelevant what bootable OS is installed or if there is
> any OS at all. It just shows a list of available drives.
>
> Note, the menu important in the first place is the sub menu of the
> "Hard Drive BBS Priorities", it is not "Boot Option Priorites" that
> matters in the first place.

The Bios has the following sub menus:
        Favorites
        Tweaker
        Settings
        System Info
        Boot
        Save&Exit

nowhere could I find "Hard Drive BBS Priorities"

What I see is the list in the Boot sub menu which corresponds
to the efibootmgr is posted earlier:

| UEFI: USB 2.0 PENDRIVE 1.0, Partition 1
| UEFI OS
| UEFI: HTTP IPv4 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
| UEFI: PXE IPv4 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
| UEFI: HTTP IPv6 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
| UEFI: PXE IPv6 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

The first two are the two bootable USB (da0 and da1).
I can't find the internal disks (ada) at all.

(In the Bios the second line reads
| UEFI OS (Kingston Data Traveler Max 1000)
I used the output of efibootmgr because I could easily transfer
it to my old PC.)

Best regards,
Johannes-Maria