Re: Latest motherboard/cpu recommendations.

From: David <curmudgeon_at_telaman.net.au>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 07:00:24 UTC

On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 07:46, Michael Schuster
<michaelsprivate@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 7:44 AM David <curmudgeon@telaman.net.au
> <mailto:curmudgeon@telaman.net.au>> wrote:
>>

>>  On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 16:34, David <curmudgeon@telaman.net.au
>> <mailto:curmudgeon@telaman.net.au>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hullo,
>>
>>  I was wondering what recommendations you might have for the best
>> cpu/motherboard combinations for FreeBSD installations.
>>  I don't build a new box every day, so like to be a little ahead of
>> the curve, and recommendations onsite regarding hardware
>> compatibility always tends to lag behind.
>>  Grateful for any recommendations.
>>

>>  Sorry!
>>  Should have mentioned M-ATX format, also,
>
> I don't have any specific answers for you, just a suggestion: perhaps
> you can state what you want to use the system for that you're planning
> to build/buy ..

Just a basic workstation.
It's all going into a Lian Li PC-A04 box.
I'm looking to install four drives with different operating systems:
Debian, FreeBSD, Dragonfly, and OpenBSD.
If FreeBSD will run off a CPU, Dragonfly should also, and if OpenBSD
doesn't, I can always install that into an older Dell Optiplex 980
desktop.
Thanks for the nudge.
Cheers!