Re: Heavy duty unbound

From: jin guojun <jguojun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 18:07:38 UTC
Hi Baha,

From your original message, it sounds like the issue is only from the local
network.
If everything works well from the rest of the world, then AS should be set
correctly in BGP configuration.
Configuring AS can be different in different brands of router. AS
configuration commands for Cisco are below for your reference. For other
routers, please read their configuration manuals.

Here are some things to check to diagnose the problem:
Is only some host having the issue or every host in the same network has
the issue?
   if everyone has the problem, you need to sniff the traffic to see what
the issue is.
   if only some hosts have the problem, then the issue likely is at the
host configuration, but it can be a combination of configurations in both
router and host. For example, when both IPV4 and IPV6 were enabled, then
SMP service is not working properly on some Linux hosts, but no problem for
BSD hosts and other Linux hosts. The traffic sometimes goes to the V4
address and sometimes flows at the V6 address. Since I am not a Linux guy,
I have to disable the IPV6 on those machines.

If a http server is running on the same host of DNS running, will local
machines can access the http service by either IP or host name?
   if using IP works, but using hostname is sluggish, then the issue is
more at name resolving; otherwise, the issue is more likely at routing path.

Generally, sniffing the traffic should help to see the problem.

-Jin

enable
configure terminal
router bgp autonomous-system-number
neighbor ip-address remote-as autonomous-system-number
   Repeat neighbor command to define other BGP neighbors, as needed.
address-family ipv4 [unicast | multicast | vrf vrf-name ]
neighbor ip-address activate
    Repeat neighbor command to activate other BGP neighbors, as needed.
network network-number [mask network-mask ] [route-map route-map-name ]
end
show ip bgp [network ] [network-mask ]
show ip bgp summary