Re: How are the official cloud images created? (are there scripts available?)

From: Glen Barber <gjb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 19:49:31 UTC
On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 12:38:40PM -0700, Pat Maddox wrote:
> AWS has an official FreeBSD AMI [1], as does GCP [2].
>
> How are those images created? I assume someone runs scripts to configure the
> machine / disk and then makes an image.
>
> Are those scripts available in git?
>
> Who is responsible for making those images, that I could contact for more
> info?
>
> Pat
>
> [1] https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/prodview-ukzmy5dzc6nbq
> [2] https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/images#freebsd

They are in git.  src/release/Makefile.vm.

The 'make list-cloudware' target will give information on the valid
CLOUDWARE values.  'make vm-cloudware' is the main target.  A short
example of the usage is:

 # make WITH_CLOUDWARE=1 CLOUDWARE=EC2 vm-cloudware

Note, you will need to provide the API keys and other variables
yourself, such as AWSKEYFILE, AWSREGION, etc.  See
src/release/Makefile.ec2 for details on this particular platform.

Glen