Re: What is the best way to look for a lost file in the disk blocks

From: Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 19:24:22 UTC
El día jueves, agosto 11, 2022 a las 04:05:10a. m. +1000, Ian Smith escribió:

> Could any other files written since have reused those blocks?  I'm a little surprised if the cp did that ...

Well, the hardware in question is a tiny Acer C720 netbook and the
"disk" is a 512 GByte SSD chip. Said this, there is nearly no chance to
"pull out the cables" and later mount the "disk" read only. Either the
copy or later system boot overwrote my beloved blocks.

Thanks for your hint, Ian.

Michael Schuster <michaelsprivate@gmail.com>, sorry, I have to delete
you from Cc because Google is not accepting mails from my zone. It
requires some sophisticated DNS configuration, I'm unwilling to do
because it has nothing todo with SMTP.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045