Re: Heavy duty unbound

From: Jon Radel <jon_at_radel.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 13:09:33 UTC
For providing DNS caching services at the ISP level I’d suggest looking into dnsdist. It’s probably better suited to that than unbound.

Personally, for a smallish ISP, I’d be running PowerDNS for authoritative and resolvers, fronted by dnsdist.

However, the primary problem remains your unreachable problems, and you’ll probably have to sniff your traffic and figure out what is happening.  So far as I know, none of these tools have different configurations based on whether you are behind NAT, have an ASN, etc.

--Jon Radel
jon@radel.com