Re: "pkg install" reboots

From: doug <doug_at_safeport.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 23:30:54 UTC
On Fri, 5 Aug 2022, Bertram Scharpf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> goddamn, what is going on here? I try to repair an aborted
> jail. I didn't manage to repair the package database
> "/var/db/pkg/local.sqlite". So, I decided to remove this
> file and just to install the fistful of packages anew.
>
> When I try to install the package "python310", the whole
> system reboots. This happened four times. How can I at least
> diagnose this issue?
>
> Bertram

To get some help more information will be needed. What version of FreeBSD
and pkg? How are you maintianing the jails, iocage, etc? In general
multiple versions of python are not a problem. I have a test system that in
one way or another has 3 versions of python installed. This on a 12.2
FreeBSD with pkg-1.18.3.