Re: Number of USB devices limited?

From: Chris Hill <chris_at_monochrome.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 03:09:06 UTC
Not specific to FreeBSD, but to the USB standard itself (I think). There
is a limit to the number of endpoints, as you describe, but there is
also a limit to the number of hubs you can cascade. The number is low; I
think it's 7. If you have more than $NUMBER of hubs in a row, you will
get erratic behavior from your USB endpoints. And many things count as a
"hub" - your computer probably takes up two, for example.

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org