postfix can't send mail

From: Doug Denault <doug_at_safeport.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 09:46:55 UTC
I have "identical" postfix/cyrus/mysql systems on in a jail and one is not.
The jailed system will not send. main.cf is virtually the same and
master.cf an exactly copy. The only different aside from the jailed
environment is that localhost=127.0.1.1 as iocage jails can not share
127.0.0.1. Posfix seems to demand that localhost exists.

I've posted this with details to the posfix list. I was thinking that the
if the issue was due to the jail environment, I might get some help here.

The failing errors are:

cyrus postfix/smtpd[51745]: warning: SASL: Connect to smtpd failed: No such file or directory
cyrus postfix/smtpd[51745]: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms

Following is installed for SASL:

    cyrus-sasl-2.1.27_2
    cyrus-sasl-sql-2.1.27
    p5-Authen-SASL-2.16_1