Re: packages - blender

From: LuMiWa via questions <questions_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 20:27:10 UTC
On Fri, 10 Dec 2021 21:34:38 +1030
Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz> wrote:

> On 10/12/21 9:24 am, LuMiWa via freebsd-questions wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am using packages on FreeBSD 13.0 Release and I have a problem
> > with Blender:
> >
> > Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
> > FreeBSD repository is up to date.
> > All repositories are up to date.
> > Checking for upgrades (2 candidates): 100%
> > Processing candidates (2 candidates): 100%
> > Checking integrity... done (2 conflicting)
>
> >   - tbb-2020.3_3 conflicts with onetbb-2021.4.0 on
>
> there are conflicts in the transition from tbb to onetbb
>
> > What is wrong, please?
>
> check what ports you have that use tbb and onetbb
> you have to choose ports which use the same tbb version
> or have tbb as an option that you can disable.

It is crazy. I am using packages not ports and I cannot change options.
I deleted tbb which delete also opensubdiv. Than pkg install blender
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
The following 4 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
	blender: 2.91.0_15
	embree: 3.13.2
	onetbb: 2021.4.0
	opensubdiv: 3.4.3_4

Number of packages to be installed: 4

The process will require 302 MiB more space.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y
[1/4] Installing onetbb-2021.4.0...
[1/4] Extracting onetbb-2021.4.0: 100%
[2/4] Installing opensubdiv-3.4.3_4...
[2/4] Extracting opensubdiv-3.4.3_4: 100%
[3/4] Installing embree-3.13.2...
[3/4] Extracting embree-3.13.2: 100%
[4/4] Installing blender-2.91.0_15...
[4/4] Extracting blender-2.91.0_15: 100%
Generating GTK icon cache for /usr/local/share/icons/hicolor
Building cache database of MIME types

And it works but when I start pkg upgrade:

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
	blender: 2.91.0_15
	embree: 3.13.2
	onetbb: 2021.4.0

New packages to be INSTALLED:
	tbb: 2020.3_3

Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
	opensubdiv: 3.4.3_4 -> 3.4.4

Installed packages to be REINSTALLED:
	pkg-1.17.5

Number of packages to be removed: 3
Number of packages to be installed: 1
Number of packages to be upgraded: 1
Number of packages to be reinstalled: 1

The operation will free 172 MiB.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: N

I did not want to use ports anymore but pain with packages will push me
to use them.
--
“Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is
responsible for everything he does.”

Jean-Paul Sartre