Re: Bringing back lang/python27 with few modules?

From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 00:39:48 UTC
Rene,

GCC 4.6 is unmaintained for many years. It's open source after all. We have
a mighty community who can patch and carry things once active maintenance
is over.

Sorry I stand corrected, lang/python27 is still there indeed. Then the
removal of things like lang/pypy / lang/pypy3 is somewhat a mystery to me.
My main frustration comes from the fact that `pkg install pypy3' no longer
works in a freshly installed 12.x, yet it worked just fine two years ago
and long before that as well. :(

There is also this warning in Mk/Uses/python.mk, which is somewhat
contrfactual now in November 2021:

abd81a62faf64 (Antoine Brodin         2020-02-23 21:49:41 +0000 325) .if
${_PYTHON_ARGS} == 2.7
abd81a62faf64 (Antoine Brodin         2020-02-23 21:49:41 +0000 326)
DEV_WARNING+=              "lang/python27 reached End of Life and will be
removed on 2020-12-31, consider converting to a modern version of python"

So I guess there is still a chance to get lang/pypy3 back? If and while
lang/python27 is still there and is not going to be kicked out tomorrow.

-Max