Re: On the project.

From: Javi Hotmail <volkovdablo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 20:43:41 UTC
Hello,

Regarding your Xorg question on FBSD, I do not believe there is anything
special you have to do Stéfane,following the FreeBSD handbook (link
here) <https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/handbook/x11/> should provide
you a X11 subsystem "pretty easily". The only difference is that you
probably cannot use pkg, and you'll require to build the packages using
ports instead.

Regarding Joe Nosay questions:

- The maximum amount of RAM that you can install on a given PPC machine
is limited by the machine itself. I don't know any case where FBSD was
the limiting factor. So in the case of my late 2005 G5 for example, the
limit is 16GB, which is exactly the maximum amount that the system supports.

On this link
<https://everymac.com/systems/apple/index-apple-specs-applespec.html>
you'll be able to find your mac specs ;).

Now, regarding braille devices, I'm not an expert at all, but if you
manage (in a kind and respectful manner) to get some traction, perhaps
some people will jump in and help.

One interesting thing would be if you can provide some reference devices
that are well supported on Linux for example (and have opensource
drivers). Maybe we can work our way from there :).

Javi.