Re: Booting FreeBSD 13-RELEASE on AmigaOne X5000 (Cyrus P5020)

From: widelec-bb <widelecbb_at_protonmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 13:38:43 UTC
> You need to add:
>
> setenv loaderdev disk0s2a
>
> Also, maybe:
>
> setenv bootargs vfs.root.mountfrom=ufs:/dev/ada1s2a
>
> Of course, you will need to change the device to match yours.

Unfortunately this hasn't change anything. Ubldr still can't find kernel.
Log from console:
X5000> setenv loaderdev disk2s4a
X5000> setenv bootargs vfs.root.mountfrom=ufs:/dev/ada1s4a
X5000> run bootfreebsd
reading ubldr
315292 bytes read in 24 ms (12.5 MiB/s)
reading bsd_cyrus_p5020.dtb
65536 bytes read in 41 ms (1.5 MiB/s)
## Starting application at 0x00010160 ...
Consoles: U-Boot console
Compatible U-Boot API signature found @0x7fe2efd8

FreeBSD/powerpc64 U-Boot loader, Revision 1.1

Number of U-Boot devices: 4
U-Boot env: loaderdev='disk2s4a'
Found U-Boot device: disk
  Checking unit=2 slice=4 partition=0... good.
Booting from disk2s4a:
/
can't load 'kernel'

Type '?' for a list of commands, 'help' for more detailed help.
loader> show
LINES=24
console=uboot
currdev=disk2s4a:
interpret=OK
loaddev=disk2s4a:
prompt=loader>
script.lang=forth
twiddle_divisor=1
usefdt=1
loader>

To be sure I set it properly I tried also setting loaderdev with colon at
end of device name, result was exactly the same, so I did not insert full
log of that attempt into this message.

> Also, you may need a newer .dtb. I can email you one if you need it.

That would be very nice, I will gladly try it.

- widelec-BB