Re: 13.0 packages?

From: Jason Bacon <bacon4000_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 00:52:05 UTC
On 5/26/21 9:40 PM, Mark Millard wrote:

> On 2021-May-20, at 17:26, Jason Bacon <bacon4000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> What's the plan for 13.0 powerpc64 packages?
>>
>> I have a Mac G5 I was using for port testing, but since upgrading to 13.0-RELEASE, there haven't been any binary packages for it.  Building everything from source takes too long.
>
> https://pkg.freebsd.org has a link to:
>
> • FreeBSD:13:powerpc64 ( https://pkg.freebsd.org/FreeBSD%3A13%3Apowerpc64 )
>
> There the dates on things indicate that quarterly is newer
> than latest. meta.txz is reported as having date/time:
>
> 2021-May-20 07:07
>
> (as seen in the time zone I'm in).
>
> https://pkg-status.freebsd.org shows that jail 130powerpc64 started
> building on Tue, 18 May 2021 21:01:05 GMT and reached stopped:done:
> status, taking an elapsed time of 34:06:48 . It also reports that
> the server was: pylon .
>
> But the linked page:
>
> https://pkg-status.freebsd.org/builds/default:quarterly:130powerpc64:cdf5bfe36fe5:pylon
>
> reports only 1976 ports built of the only 4340 that were queued
> for that specific build.
>
> There was another jail that built far more: 130releng-powerpc64 is
> indicated to have built 23522 of the 30700 queued. It is listed
> as started on Sun, 04 Apr 2021 13:48:51 GMT, having reached a
> status of stopped:crashed:, with an elapsed time of 73:28:43 .
> Also pylon.
>
> It appears that http://pylon.nyi.freebsd.org is not currently
> accessible. This limits what can be investigated.
>
> I would guess that:
>
> https://pkg.freebsd.org/FreeBSD:13:powerpc64/quarterly/packagesite.txz
>
> would give a clue what should be accessible via quarterly.
> It is listed as being 6058988 Bytes in size.
>

> ===
> Mark Millard
> marklmi at yahoo.com
> ( dsl-only.net went
> away in early 2018-Mar)

Thanks for the status update.  I'm actually more curious about the
intentions for the future, though.  Are there plans to build current
and/or quarterly packages for 13.0 on a regular rotation?  Is it just a
matter of manpower and hardware to get it rolling?

Will support for big-endian wane as the focus shifts to LE?

Best,

	JB

--
Earth is a beta site.