Re: I want to help maintain vscode build with electron25 and codelite

From: Space Cadet <tootall79_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 17:46:25 UTC
Don't we have some distfile knobs in the ports framework for exactly this
situation?

Like on "make" the port informing the user that they need to download the
distfile manually
for license reasons and place it into /usr/ports/distfiles?

That would imply no package from the FreeBSD project but people could still
build their
own in poudriere.

Also possibly - maybe just ask the author if sufficiently clear pkg_message
would
be considered sufficient?

Good idea.  I will email Eran and see if he responds.