Re: 'USES=shebangfix' doesn't work with samba ports

From: Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 03:35:16 UTC
Tatsuki Makino wrote on 2023/11/02 18:18:
> .include <bsd.port.options.mk> or .include <bsd.port.pre.mk> exist before this line.
> I have a feeling that is the cause :)

Assuming we knew the reason, we needed to investigate the reason in more depth.
samba4* started shebangfix with the following commit

https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/commit/net/samba41/Makefile?id=e58cdfad2027226c15de6ad3508575f0dc3095c4

It is written in a way that creates problems at this point.
However, there would have been no problem with this, as there is no reason to leave something that does not work for almost 10 years.
So, that being the case, I checked out Mk/Uses/shebangfix.mk and here is what I found.

https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/commit/Mk/Uses/shebangfix.mk?id=c8de8164cad00f45461b3ca801dcad4bd56b993e

It is possible that side effects have occurred since this time.

There may have been some other change to Mk/bsd.port.mk being read in two passes, but I have not looked into that.

Regards.