Re: FreeBSD Port: mail/horde-webmail and other horde ports

From: Moin Rahman <bofh_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 16:19:14 UTC

> On Mar 30, 2023, at 6:13 PM, Michael <mike@reifenberger.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> as it seems the horde upstream repos contain some php8 fixes.
> Wouldn't it be possible to create *horde*-devel ports instead of
> just deleting the *horde* ports end of the month.
>

> cu
> Michael
> --
>

> <sender_key.asc>

Unless someone is adding those patches and submitting a bug report I don't see any luck with these.

On another note most of the big name control panel providers have also dropped horde from their big list of applications and it looks more like abandonware now.

There was some updates from the maintaina fork and they also failed to merge the patches upstream.

I think it's best to give up on horde and look for alternative. No point in looking for a legacy application to update themselves.

Kind regards,
Moin