Re: devel/mongo-c-driver failed with undefined reference due to --no-allow-shlib-undefined: ERR_load_BIO_strings

From: KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko <kiri_at_truefc.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 06:50:44 UTC
Hi, Ono san

On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 09:01:37 +0900,
Hiroo Ono wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Sat, 22 Jul 2023 10:28:21 +0200
> Yuri <yuri@aetern.org> wrote:
>
> > Exactly, it's fallout from openssl 3 migration.
> >
> > From https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/man7/migration_guide.html:
> > ---
> > ERR_load_*(), ERR_func_error_string(), ERR_get_error_line(),
> > ERR_get_error_line_data(), ERR_get_state()
> >
> > OpenSSL now loads error strings automatically so these functions are
> > not needed.
> > ---
> >
> > Looks like this needs to be reported upstream.
>
> Checked MongoDB JIRA. It was fixed in CDRIVER-4590 and released as version 1.24.0.
> The port needs to be updated to the latest version.

I git pulled, but devel/mongo-c-driver not updated still
1.23.2_3:

root@vm:~ # git -C /ds/ports/freebsd/head pull
hint: Pulling without specifying how to reconcile divergent branches is
hint: discouraged. You can squelch this message by running one of the following
hint: commands sometime before your next pull:
  :
 rename sysutils/barrier/files/{patch-src_lib_net_SecureUtils.cpp => extra-patch-src_lib_net_SecureUtils.cpp} (100%)
root@vm:~ # egrep '^DISTVERSION=' /ds/ports/freebsd/head/devel/mongo-c-driver/Makefile
DISTVERSION=    1.23.2
root@vm:~ # git -C /ds/ports/freebsd/head rev-parse --verify --short HEAD
07f40427f1f9